Back to Surgery, Therapy
Laser Hair Removal
General information on Laser Hair Removal and Permanent Epilation Treatment
Application: on legs, bikini line, thighs, forearms, and different facial areas
We perform Laser Hair Removal under the supervision of a plastic surgeon in our clinic, ensuring the quality and your satisfaction.
What Do You Need To Know About Diode Laser?
- The infrared laser light (810 NM) is absorbed or passes through certain materials, such as pigments. It penetrates normal skin 0.5 to 1 cm deep.
- Pigmented lesions absorb this laser light, converting it into heat, so the lesion burns off. The skin does not burn during the process, or just a first degree burn appears on the epidermis. The destructed lesion is absorbed: white blood cells will carry it away in 2-4 weeks.
How Does Permanent Hair Removal (Photoepilation) Work?
- The laser light is absorbed by the hair follicles, so they burn off.
- The life cycle of hair follicles is divided into three phases: anagen, catagen, and telogen.
- Any treatment can only work with those that are in the first phase. Can not be ascertained that which hair follicle is in which stage.
- We treat entire areas, and the sensitive hair follicles respond to treatment.
- The number of treatments depends on the cycle ratio. E. g.: 10-15% can be treated on one occasion = at least 5-6 treatments are necessary. If 20-30% is treatable (on the lower leg) = at least 3-4 treatments are necessary.
- Only untreatable follicles remain on the surface after the treatment. You have to wait until the majority of these goes into the first phase, therefore some waiting is needed between treatments (3-4 weeks on the face, 6-8 weeks on the lower leg).
- The shortest possible duration of a Permanent Hair Removal is 3-6 months.
- The duration of treatment varies: approx. 10 minutes under the nose, and 2 hours on the lower leg.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Practically any area can be depilated with Laser Hair Removal. The most common are the legs, thighs, bikini line, forearm, and different parts of the face.
This page contains general statements, which may vary according to individual needs, such as the client’s skin type or reactions.
Ask the plastic surgeon!
No questions yet in this topic.
error: Copyrighted Material.