Drooping eyelids skin cause not only a tired look, but the whole face appears exhausted because of it.
However, Blepharoplasty is a perfect solution, as it firms the skin of the eyelids visibly – giving a fresher and younger appearance.
Swollen pouches may occur even at a young age, having a detrimental effect on the positive aura. Eyelid Surgery, which solves this as well, is a small intervention under local anesthesia, and takes no longer than an hour.
As the human face should be considered as a whole thing, we often perform Facelift at the same time. In some cases, excellent outcome can be achieved only with complex plastic surgery intervention, as the sagging skin on the face and neck must be improved together with the eyelids. Youthful eyes and facial features provide a well-rested and fresh look.
This plastic surgery treatment is more and more popular among men as well. This low-risk procedure with up-to-date medical knowledge guarantees optimal results for them, too.
Many clinics offer laser treatment in order to make the eyelids tighter. Despite the fact that we use various laser procedures successfully, we recommend this for the eye area very rare – as it is not medically justified and involves a significant risk.
Laser treatments done around the lower eyelid often cause so-called ectropion (when the eyelid is turned outwards away from the eyeball). The very thin layer of skin may shrink unpredictably after the procedure.
Incisions made with a scalpel are cleaner and more gentle, but laser technology always means more tissue damage.
Laser is also inconvenient for the lifting of drooping skin parts, neither the lower nor the upper eyelid area – but can be effective in removing excess fat around the lower eyelid in younger patients. In this case, we turn the eyelid inside out, and perform the surgery from the inside before putting it back to the original position. This Laser Assisted Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty can be performed only when there is no excess skin in the area. Otherwise, outer skin tightening to be performed as well.
It is a liberating feeling to glance in the mirror and see that there are no more circles and drooping eyelids to dominate our face. People are wondering how can we be so well-rested – without realizing that this is a result of plastic surgery. Ultimately, this is the aim of Blepharoplasty.
Following this ambulatory intervention, our patients can go home immediately. Return to work is recommended after 3 days. No need for special postoperative treatment, but certain things are worth paying attention to.
– In rare cases increased tear production may occur with difficulty in opening and closing their eyes, and temporarily feel some tension.
– Due to the swelling the eyes might not be closed perfectly, or the lower eyelids may slightly turn outwards for a short time.
– These symptoms can be significantly mitigated with ice pack, which is needed in the first 2 days. The eyes can be cleaned with sterile gauze in the morning, and it can be repeated during the day if needed. Mild steroids, antibiotic eye drop reduce tearing and irritation (e.g. Tobradex).
– Wearing sunglasses are recommended in bright light for several days after the surgery.
– Face washing and eye cleaning are allowed with clean water after stitch removal. Eyelid make-up and mascara forbidden for 3 weeks! Regular skin care routine can be continued 5 days after the surgery.
– The swelling and discoloration (blue, green, yellow) is hardly noticeable and disappears in 1-3 weeks. Sometimes the swelling goes away later, which may affect the position of the edge of the lower eyelids. The final state is formed approx. 2-3 months after Blepharoplasty. However, 90% of the result can be seen after 3 weeks. The surgical scars are usually barely visible a few months following the surgery. Unsatisfactory scarring is extremely rare.
dear Dr. Pataki, i contacted you some months back, i would like some minor lipo on the face, plus fat injections to the face area.
secondly. i had some lipo on my stomach area done a few years back by a discount service in poland. boy that was a mistake. they did something called "high definition" on my abs, and they not only did not complete the entire abs area, they didn't take even HALF the fat out, and now 2 years later, its still just looks worse, uneven and quite an odd shape it has given. plus i should have done my low back as well, maybe Dr. Pataki would help me with these areas.
1. what KIND of lipo do you use?
2. can you do micro lipo on the face for the jowl and under the neck areas?
3. for fat reinjection, i was thinking cheekbone increase, a small amount in the cheeks themselves, to fill gaps from ache and aging, as well as some under the eyebrows to lift the brows up a little, and some in the chin to help my profile. i don't expect MAJOR changes. it just needs a little here and there.
4. ive also considered a rhynoplasty, so if you want to give me a plan for that too, i will consider it (depending on the downtime)
attached are some photos as you had requested.
i won't be back in budapest until late october or early november. And, i might only be there for a few weeks, so we would need to schedule things around that time period.
please give me an idea on appointment availabilities.
thank you, Nadine
Click here to see the answer 2017-09-10
Dear Dr Pataki,
I need to correct my upper eyelid and make lip lifting with augmentation as I am not happy with the shape of my lips. but would like to know more about lip lifting and if i can minimise the space between my nose and my upper lip.
Click here to see the answer 2016-04-24
Dear Doctor Pataki,
Thank you for your answer.
I've now shortlisted a couple of praticians after a few checks, and have a few more questions before getting to my final decision.
- How many facial fat transfers have you performed? On males?
- do you centrifuge the fat?
- what quantity do you reinject per droplet?
- do you have any pictures of your work?
- Could you book an initial consultation for this procedure?
- Are you available in january for this procedure?
Thanks in advance for your answer,
Click here to see the answer 2015-10-31
Dear dr. Pataki,
Please supply me with information on fat grafting which is used for volume restoration. I am considering both methods – hyaluronic acid and fat. Where do you take the fat from and what is its take rate.
Click here to see the answer 2015-10-31
I'm a 31 y/o male who has lost a lot of volume in my face.
I'll be living in Budapest as of September, and look for a surgeon to perform either hyaluronic or i heard about autologous facial fat transfer too and i am more interested in it.
Do you perform both procedure? If yes, how do you perform it? Do you have pictures of patients 3/6 months postop? What is the different?
Thanks in advance for your answer. Christine
Click here to see the answer 2015-08-01
Hello dr. Pataki,
I have heard back form Manka, my friend and she is curious about what the Premium plastic surgery clinic suggested, the fat grafting. Please find her questions below:
Is it the same than fat injections ? How is that procedure? What area they take it from? What is the suggested recovery time?
I have notice that my upper lip is going downward. Could injecting a little bit of fat in my cheeks lift my smile?
Could I have this done this summer on it's own?
I thought to fill the lines on my forehead also, perhaps the same method would work?
And, could she have an appointment for the last week of July for a consultation?
thank you for your help!
Click here to see the answer 2015-06-16
My child has got very small eyes and we need help to make her eyes litle big bigger. She has got like Chinese eyes. Children bully her for her eyes and thats why its very important to her. I think you might open her eyes litte in The out corner. I know that many film star has done that surgery. In China they promised to fix her eyes but it is very expensive to go there. We live in Finland and surgerys are so expensive in our country too. We are caming in Budabest 15.7.2015 . I hope your clinic can help my girl.
Click here to see the answer 2015-04-01
Could I please arrange an appointment for any time. I will be coming to Budapest from the UK.
Procedure required is Face/neck and brow lift. Please send me information concerning Face lift.
I look forward to your reply with my appointment time.
Click here to see the answer 2015-03-07
Hello Doctor Pataki,
I am sending you photos of my Nose. I would like to get rid of the bump on the nose and generally straighten it. I am very scared of the procedure, especially that I will not like the effect.
Could you please be so kind and provide me with a consultation to know if there is anything that I should be worried about?
Click here to see the answer 2015-01-23
On January 14 I visited Dr Pataki regarding a possible rhinoplasty.
I would like to have some moregeneral info on the subject so as to better make an informed decision. Also,
could you please provide me with lodging possibilities (hotels) postoperatively?
Click here to see the answer 2015-01-20
What I want is to make the left side of my nose more similar to the right side.
Maybe move up 2mm or fix the arch on the left nostril? whatever you decide really...I`m looking to do this correction under local anaesthesia please.
I have attached more pictures so you can have a better idea.
Can you please give price?
Click here to see the answer 2015-01-20
Dear Dr. Pataki,
I have heard your name in Edinburgh, Scottland, where you had a presentation at the European Congress about facelifts not so long time ago. I am making enquiries about the best face and neck lift method also upper eyelid
removal, please could you give me quotes, I am not sure just how many treatments I
wish to have so if you could give me several options I would be grateful.
Also tell me the most advanced techniques you use at the moment for face rejuvenation.
I am sending you my fotos. I would like to come for a consultation.
Thanks, Regards, Sharon McMurphy
Click here to see the answer 2014-07-11